Mindful Seeing Meditation
This simple mindfulness exercise takes only a few minutes and includes five steps:
- Step 1 - find a quiet moment to sit next to a window;
- Step 2 - look at everything you see outside the window
Try not to label and categorize what you see outside the window;
instead of thinking “kid” or “traffic light,” try to notice the colors, the patterns, or the textures;
- Step 3 - pay attention to the movement of the grass or leaves in the breeze.
Notice the many different shapes are in this small part of the world you can see.
Try to see the world outside the window from the perspective of someone who has never seen these sights;
- Step 4 - be perceptive, but not judgmental.
Be aware, but don't get attached to what you see;
- Step 5 - if you become distracted, gently pull your mind away from those thoughts and notice a color or shape again to put you back in the moment.
What Was Your Mindfulness Experience?
We can’t wait to read your experience and get inspired.
And until then...